Become a member
Any natural or legal person with full capacity to act and with interest in the development of the Society’s aims or any person directly or indirectly involved in the health sector and general welfare performing related economic activities, can become a member of the International Society of DAO Deficiency as well as Public or Private Entities, Institutions and Universities interested in the promotion and development of the associative aim.
To become a member it is necessary to fill an application form for the area of your choose, them are in the bottom of this page. The application must be approved by the Board of directors according to Article 11 of the Statutes.
On the other hand, if you want to become a member of any of the three committees of our Advisory Bodies, prior to the application for membership to any of the three Committees of the Society, you should be member of the International Society of DAO Deficiency. If you are already member, please, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org supporting your request of membership, the Board of Directors will review it and will send you a notification for your request.
There are several types of members:
a) Regular members: Every member of the Society once the application has been approved by the Board of directors.
Within this class, the following categories can be distinguished:
1) Science & Research. Those members, natural persons, specifically related to Science in any scientific, clinical or university context.
2) Society. Those members, natural persons associated and appointed among the patients associations, representative groups of patients with common aims.
3) Industry&Innovation. Those members, natural persons, specifically related to the Industry in the framework of development and/or production of diagnostic, sanitary, pharmacological or food products.
The inclusion in each category is determined by the Board of directors of the association on the basis of the background and information provided by you, and allow you access to the membership directory, where you will be able to know and get in touch with the rest members of the society, and it also get you access to scientific publications on the deficit of DAO and get tickets and passes for scientific and dissemination events and activities.
4) Companies: they are those legal entities circumscribed in the field of industry, in the context of: development and/or production of diagnostic products, medical devices, pharmacological or food items.
5) Research Centers, Universities and Research Institutes: they are those legal entities, public or private: Research Centers, Universities and Institutes that develop research and teaching activities in DAO Deficiency and its relationship with the variety of pathologies in which intervenes.
6) Patients Associations: they are those patients associations as legal entitities that: bring together groups of affected by different symptoms that causes the DAO Deficiency.
b) Honorary members: those members that given their prestige and significant contribution to the distinction and development of the International Society of DAO Deficiency or the sector, are awarded this distinction. In order to be classified within this category, the Board of directors of the Association will inform the General Assembly who will accept it or not.
The following register forms to become a member of the Society as a natural person correspond to the categories 1, 2 and 3. Please fill out the form on the category that applies to you.
The following correspond to the registration forms for the categories: 4, 5 and 6, constituted by the different legal entities, whether they are: Companies, private or public Research Centers, Universities, Institutes and Patients associations. Please fill out the form on the category that applies to your legal entity.